Traffic Advisory: Northeast Boundary Tunnel Project Brings Lane Reduction on Mount Olivet Road, NE
June 14, 2019
(Washington, DC) –Beginning the week of June 17, 2019, DC Water's contractor will install construction dewatering wells along Mount Olivet Road as part of the Northeast Boundary Tunnel Project. Work will last for approximately one month and is scheduled Monday through Friday between 7 AM and 7 PM. The wells assist with lowering the groundwater table and relieving stress around the newly constructed shaft.
- The eastbound travel lane of Mount Olivet Road, NE will be reduced to one lane of traffic westbound. During this construction period, the lane reduction will remain in place 24 hours per day.
- The sidewalk adjacent to the construction site remains closed.
- Commuters and pedestrians will notice road signs and/or flagging personnel directing them around the work site. Please obey road crew flaggers and pay attention to signage.
- As a result of the construction work, commuters may experience congestion within the 250-foot designated work area. Please do not tailgate, keep a safe distance, and don’t drive distracted.
- Please be patient and stay calm. Plan to allow extra time while traveling around the area. Check real-time traffic apps and the NEBT website for updated traffic impacts.
Northeast Boundary Tunnel Project Details
The Northeast Boundary Tunnel is the largest component of the Clean Rivers Project. It begins south of RFK Stadium and will extend north to Rhode Island Avenue, NE and west to 6th Street, NW. When complete, the approximately five-mile long tunnel will significantly reduce chronic flooding in areas it serves.
For more information, please contact
24/7 NEBT Hotline: (800) 988-6151
Northeast Boundary Tunnel Project Website: dcwater.com/NEBT
If you would like to receive future notices regarding this project electronically please send an email to the NEBT Outreach Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.