Budget and Financial Planning
The DC Water budgets follow a strategic and integrated approach that links the operating and capital budgets with the ten-year financial plan including regulatory requirements, infrastructure needs, Board priorities, and funding and rate concerns.
Click Here for the Approved FY 2019 Budget adopted on March 1, 2018.
FY 2019 Approved Operating and Capital Budgets
The Board Revised Adopted Operating and Capital budgets for expenditures and revenues can viewed in detail using the links below. These budgets continue to fund the activities necessary to serve our more than two million customers throughout the region and 18+ million annual visitors while investing in our commitment to environmental stewardship. The first chapter is a standalone Executive Budget Summary which provides a summary of the full budget documents for both the operating and capital budgets. Detailed discussions and project descriptions on the Authority's ten-year CIP can be found within Section V of the budget book. The full details are provided throughout the latter chapters of the document listed below.
- Executive Budget Summary (PDF 2.3 mb)
- Budget Overview (PDF 7.1 mb)
- Financial Plan (PDF 3.4 mb)
- Rates and Revenue (PDF 3.8 mb)
- Capital Improvement Program (PDF 6.2 mb)
- Capital Financing Cash and Debt (PDF 1.3 mb)
- Departmental Summaries (PDF 7.7 mb)
- Glossary, Acronyms and Resolutions (PDF 5.5 mb)