Private-side Partial Lead Replacements
Lead Partial Replacement Assistance Program (LPRAP)
If only the private portion of service pipe is lead (and the public portion is non-lead), the District will pay for free or discounted replacements.
First, check our lead map to confirm there is lead pipe on private property, and non-lead in public space.
Note: DO NOT START WORK until your application with the Department of Energy and Environment has been approved and you have received a benefit confirmation letter. See application process below.
Do I qualify for assistance?
Every property owner can receive a 50% discount, regardless of income. Some residents will qualify for 80% or 100% coverage depending on household size and income.
How do I sign up?
- Fill out the application online or print and send by mail. Applications will be considered in the order they are received. Applications must include:
- Income verification documents (if seeking assistance beyond 50% capped at $2,500)
- Recent DC Water billl
- Once DOEE has approved the application, Homeowners must use a contractor from the Approved List.
- Contractor must provide completed Cost Proposal form to homeowner with proper documentation. This includes:
- proposed construction methods
- detailed price quote for the work
- length of pipe to be replaced
- pipe material to be installed
- documentation of any special conditions
- permit fee estimates
- photos for visual identification of pipe
- Submit Cost Proposal to DC Water.
Note: DO NOT START WORK until your application with the Department of Energy and Environment has been approved, the Cost Proposal has been approved by DC Water, and you have received a benefit confirmation letter.