Bryant Street Pumping Station Improvements
DC Water will perform improvements to the Bryant Street Pumping Station located in northwest DC. Originally constructed in 1905, the pumping station was built to improve water flows and expand the water system due to substantial population growth in the city. Through this project, DC Water will make significant HVAC related system enhancements to the pumping station.
Scope of work
- Provide variable refrigerant cooling systems
- Add multiple diffusers to improve air flow
- Furnish and install power distribution panels
- Add fire suppression systems
- Provide architectural lighting and fire alarm improvements
- Add work platforms for HVAC apparatus access
- Estimated construction start: August 2017
- Estimated construction completion: August 2018
- Normal work hours: 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Contractor may work at night or on weekends, dependent upon additional activities or inclement weather
- DC Water will work to ensure minimal disruption during the construction operations.
- Noise and dust levels adjacent to the construction site will be closely monitored.
- There will be no impacts to traffic or parking as work will be contained on the Bryant Street Pumping Station site.
DC Water is currently working closely with DDOT and DCRA to ensure minimal disruptions during this project. Public outreach will be provided to the Mayor’s Office, Ward 1 Council member’s office and the Advisory Neighborhood Commission.