Contract Compliance Programs
In accordance with the DC Water Board of Directors and the Federal Code of Regulations (CFR), Title 40 Part 33, DC Water administers four programs to support diversity and inclusion on Authority contracts: Local Small Business Reserve (LSBR) Program; Local and Small Business Enterprise (LSBE) Program; EPA Fair Share Program and the Disadvantaged/Women Business Enterprise (D/WBE) Program. The following is a synopsis of each.
DC Water has established a Local Small Business Reserve Program for Micro and Simplified Acquisitions. The primary purpose of the LSBR Program is to establish a unique marketplace where local small businesses compete on a level playing field among similar sized firms. The LSBR Program applies to non- federally funded purchases of less than $100,000.
To participate, firms must complete an application and be registered into the program. Once accepted, a firm’s registration will last one year (October 1st thru September 30th of the next year).
Details on the LSBR Program coming soon!
Mandated by the Board of Directors, the Local Small Business Enterprise Program was established to ensure that LSBEs are afforded full and equitable opportunities to participate as vendors, prime contractors, subcontractors and joint venture partners for goods and services. The DC Water LSBE Program is race and gender neutral.
Overall goals will apply to competitively solicited contracts for:
- Goods and Services estimated at $1,000,000 or less;
- Construction estimated at $1,000,000 or less; and
- Architectural-Engineering (A/E) services estimated at $1,000,000 or less.
The goals will be expressed as a percentage of the total eligible dollar volume of all “Open with Preference” contracts and purchase orders awarded for each category and may be achieved by LSBE participation as a vendor, prime contractor, subcontractor, or joint venture.
The preference provides for the utilization of additional points in the evaluation of proposals and the utilization of a preference percentage reduction in price for bids. The preferences are as follows:
- Preference Points for Proposals:
- Certified Local=5 points
- Certified Local and Small=10 points
The maximum number of preference points for a proposal is ten (10) points.
- Preference Price Reduction for Bids (evaluation only):
- Certified Local=5%
- Certified Local and Small=10%
The maximum preference price reduction for a single bid is a total of ten percent (10%) or $100,000, whichever is less.
Facilitate participation by certified Minority Business Enterprises and Women-owned Business Enterprises in accordance with the Federal Fair Share Objective. This program applies to DC Water's capital A/E and construction projects, where appropriate.
The current three year goals for DC Water’s fair share objectives are:
A copy of the EPA acceptance letter concerning its three year goals can be found here.
For non-federally assisted projects (Goods/Services, Construction and A/E) over $1,000,000, DC Water has established a Disadvantaged/Women Business Enterprise Program. The purpose of the program is to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DC Water contracts;
- Create a level playing field on which D/WBEs can compete fairly for DC Water contracts;
- Ensure that the D/WBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable laws and DC Water Procurement Regulations;
- Ensure that only firms meeting the certification standards are permitted to be counted as D/WBEs;
- Assist in the removal of barriers to the participation of D/WBEs on DC Water contracts; and
- Assist in the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the D/WBE Program.
Details concerning these compliance programs can be found in the Business Development Plan.
For any questions about the programs, send email to: email@example.com