Sewer Rehabilitation Project - Glover-Archbold Park
DC Water is performing sewer rehabilitation projects throughout the city as part of its Capital Improvement Program (CIP). The proposed Glover-Archbold Park Sewer Rehabilitation project would involve the rehabilitation of sanitary sewer from Van Ness Street, NW to Canal Road, NW. Benefits of this project would include the rehabilitation of an aging sanitary sewer system, improved structural integrity while maintaining adequate hydraulic capacity, and the reduction of stream and groundwater infiltration and potential sanitary sewer overflows.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Rehabilitation of approximately 20,400 linear feet of sanitary sewer pipe within the project area
- Rehabilitation of sixty seven manholes
- Asset protection
- Rehabilitation of three Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) outlets
- Draft Environmental Assessment (EA): Submitted to National Park Service (NPS) for review on January 30, 2017
- Draft EA is currently being reviewed by the NPS
DC Water is working in cooperation with the NPS, which is the lead agency, to prepare an Environmental Assessment (EA) for the Glover-Archbold Park Sewer Rehabilitation Project as required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).