Oregon Avenue and Bingham Drive, NW Sewer Rehabilitation Project
DC Water is performing sewer rehabilitation projects throughout the city as part of its Capital Improvement Program. This project involves the rehabilitation of sewers on Oregon Avenue and Bingham Drive, NW; from Oregon Avenue, NW to Bingham Drive, NW and on Bingham Drive, NW from Nebraska Avenue to Beach Drive, NW. Benefits of this project include the rehabilitation of an aging sewer system, improving structural integrity while maintaining adequate hydraulic capacity, and reducing stream and groundwater infiltration and potential sanitary sewer overflows.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Rehabilitation and/or replacement of approximately 4,500 linear feet of affected sewer pipe within the project area
- Rehabilitation and/or replacement of manholes and other sewer infrastructure
- Restoration of project site
- Construction start: December 2016
- Construction completion: April 2019
- Normal Work Hours: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Contractor may work night or on weekends, depending on needed construction activities or inclement weather
- If a planned temporary water service shut-off is necessary, affected residents will be notified 48 hours in advance. Service interruptions will be minimal.
- Construction may cause temporary discolored water or low water pressure. If you experience discolored water, flush cold water taps for 15 minutes. If water does not clear, contact the DC Water Drinking Water Division or 24-Hour Command Center.
- Noise and vibrations will be closely monitored throughout the project.
- Lane closures may be required daily and will be done in accordance with traffic plans approved by the District Department of Transportation (DDOT).