Anacostia Elevated Tank 2 Upgrade
DC Water will perform improvements to the Anacostia Elevated Tank 2, which supports the Anacostia Second High Service area. Through this project, DC Water will improve water quality and system reliability, increase water pressure in some areas, and maintain adequate flows throughout the system. The tank is located on Boulevard Lane in southeast, Washington, DC.
SCOPE OF WORK
Major work items include, but are not limited to:
- Site Improvements
- Exterior and interior tank enhancements
- Rehabilitation of instrumentation
- Improvements and upgrades to the electrical and communication systems
- Expected Notice to Proceed: Summer 2017
- If a planned temporary water service shut-off is necessary, affected residents will be notified 48 hours in advance.
- Service interruptions will be minimal, typically lasting between two to four hours.
- DC Water will work to ensure minimal disruption during the construction operations and will restore all work sites to their original condition.
- Noise and dust levels adjacent to the construction site will be closely monitored.
- Lane closures may be required daily (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) and traffic plans will be approved by the District Department of Transportation (DDOT).
- At various times during construction, “no-parking” signs may need to be placed in certain areas in and around the job site. Notifications regarding “no-parking” zones will be posted 72 hours prior to construction, as required by DDOT.