Past Partial Replacements
If only the private portion of service pipe is lead (and the public portion is non-lead), the District will cover between 50-100% of costs to replace the lead pipe on private property through the Lead Pipe Replacement Assistance Program (LPRAP).
First, check our lead map to confirm there is lead pipe on private property, and non-lead in public space. Contact email@example.com for assistance. Alternatively, qualifying properties are listed here.
Do I qualify for assistance?
Every property owner can receive a 50% discount, regardless of income. Some residents will qualify for 80% or 100% coverage depending on household size and income.
How do I sign up?
Contact a licensed plumber/contractor and receive a project quote for replacement. Ensure the contractor includes these items in the quote for proposed work:
- Section of pipe to be replaced
- Length of pipe to be replaced
- Material of pipe to be installed
- Cost per linear foot of replacement
- Cost for restoration of drywall (not to exceed five linear feet) and cost of backfill of excavation on private property)
Fill out the application online or print and send by mail. Applications will be considered in the order they are received. Applications must include:
- Income verification documents
- Photo(s) of water service pipe at point-of-entry (with shut-off valve and pipe breaking through wall, if visible)
- Quote for proposed work