What We Do
Projects & Initiatives
What can you find in this section?
- Active Workzones
- Capital Improvement Program
- Bloomingdale Small Diameter Water Main Replacement Project
Clean Rivers Project
Check out DC Water's long-term plans for reducing combined sewer overflows (CSOs) into the local waterways.
Stimulus funds Projects
Funds appropriated through the President's budget along with the Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund and the Clean Water State Revolving Fund are a positive investment providing a healthier environment for those who use and live District of Columbia
- DC Water Administrative Headquarters
- 17th Street NE/SE Water Main Installation and Replacement
- 3rd Street and Constitution Avenue NW Pumping Station Upgrade Project
- Brentwood Reservoir Rehabilitation and Upgrade Project
- East Side Interceptor Rehabilitation Project
Fort Reno Pumping Station Rehabilitation Project
DC Water will perform improvements for the Fort Reno Pumping Station located in northwest DC.
Large Valve Replacement Projects
The District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water) is replacing large diameter valves at various locations throughout the city as part of its Capital Improvement Program to improve the water system infrastructure.
- Local Sewer Rehabilitation Projects
- Local Sewers Rehabilitation and Repair Phase II Sewers Under Buildings
Low Area Trunk Sewer Rehabilitation Project
This project involves the rehabilitation of the Low Area Trunk Sewer, a 42-inch diameter brick and concrete pipe which extends from 13th Street NW and Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 2nd Street SE and M Street SE.
Glover-Archbold Park Sewer Rehabilitation Project
DC Water is performing sewer rehabilitation projects throughout the city as part of its Capital Improvement Program. This project involves the rehabilitation of sewers in the Glover-Archbold Park from Van Ness Street NW to the Potomac River South of Canal Road NW.
- Northeast Boundary Sewer Main Inspection Phase II
Oxon Run Valley Terrace Sewer Rehabilitation Project
DC Water will be constructing a new sewer to serve the Valley Terrace housing development in southeast DC.
- Pinehurst, Sherrill, Fenwick Sewer Rehabilitation Project
Piney Branch Trunk Sewer Rehabilitation Project
The District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water) is performing sewer rehabilitation projects throughout the city as part of its Capital Improvement Program. Defined by the 2009 Sewer System Facility Plan, these efforts include rehabilitation of the Piney Branch Trunk Sewer.
- Pope Branch Stream Restoration Project
The Potomac Interceptor is a 50-mile-long gravity sewer system that transports wastewater to the Blue Plains Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Pressure Zone Improvement Program (PZIP)
Saint Elizabeth Water Tower
Through the Elevated Water Storage Tower Project, DC Water will perform water system improvements for the proposed Anacostia 2nd high service area.
Small Diameter Water Main Replacement Projects
DC Water will replace existing 100 year-old cast iron small diameter water mains in various locations throughout the city as part of its Capital Improvement Program. These efforts will improve water quality, system reliability, water pressure and ensure adequate flows throughout the system.
- Small Local Sewer Main Cleaning and Lining Projects
- Soapstone Valley Park Sewer Rehabilitation Project
Spring Place Water and Sewer Rehabilitation Project
As part of its Capital Improvement Program, DC Water is performing water and sewer rehabilitation projects throughout the city. This project involves the rehabilitation of water and sewer infrastructure located on Spring Place NW and Spring Road NW, between 14th and 16th Streets.
- Spring Valley Water Main Upgrade Project