What We Do
Small Diameter Water Main Replacement Projects
As part of its Capital Improvement Program, the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water) will replace existing 12-inch and smaller cast iron water mains in various locations throughout the city. Many of the water mains are 100 years old. The replacements will improve water quality and system reliability, increase water pressure in some areas, and maintain adequate flows throughout the system.
What can you find in this section?
- 33rd Street NW and Newark Street NW (PDF 463 kb)
- 34th Street NE and EADS Street NE (PDF 203 kb)
- Austin Street SE, Bangor Street SE and 36th Street SE (PDF 189 kb)
- Lyndale Place SE, M Street SE between Minnesota Avenue SE and Branch Avenue SE (PDF 239 kb)
- Varnum Street NE and 8th Street NE (PDF 208 kb)
- Webster Street NE, 16th Street NE and Varnum Place NE (PDF 229 kb)