What We Do
Small Diameter Water Main Replacement Projects
As part of its Capital Improvement Program, the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC Water) will replace existing 12-inch and smaller cast iron water mains in various locations throughout the city. Many of the water mains are 100 years old. The replacements will improve water quality and system reliability, increase water pressure in some areas, and maintain adequate flows throughout the system.
What can you find in this section?
- 2nd Street Seaton Place and S Street NW (PDF 290 kb)
- 40th Street SE and R Street SE (PDF 179 kb)
- 1600 - 1800 W Street SE (PDF 452 kb)
- Austin Street SE, Bangor Street SE and 36th Street SE (PDF 189 kb)
- Carpenter Street SE, 35th Street SE and Highwood Drive SE
- Channing Street NE (PDF 223 kb)
- G Street SE Mass and K Street SE (PDF 405 kb)
- Lyndale Place SE, M Street SE between Minnesota Avenue SE and Branch Avenue SE (PDF 239 kb)
- Meade Street NE and 42nd Street NE (PDF 190 kb)
- Varnum Street NE and 8th Street NE (PDF 208 kb)
- Webster Street NE, 16th Street NE and Varnum Place NE (PDF 230 kb)
- Westover Drive SE (PDF 288 kb)