As a dynamic organization, DC Water is looking for talented, energetic and committed employees. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for training and career development. DC Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively promotes a diverse and drug-free workplace.
If you are up for the challenge, we would like to hear from you. Our online vacancy announcements are updated daily. You may also contact the DC Water Jobline at 202-787-4000 for current vacancies.
Employment applications are accepted for current openings only. Applications must be received in the Human Capital Management Department no later than 5:00 p.m. (EST) on the closing date listed in the vacancy announcement.
To apply for a DC Water position, external applicants must submit an application online.
Submitting an online job application is fast and easy. The online form helps reduce errors by indicating where you have failed to fill out required information and by prefilling important information contained in a vacancy announcement.
Physical Examination - an applicant offered a position with DC Water is required to pass a job related medical examination and drug screening prior to appointment.
How to Apply
- Review the Vacancy Announcements and identify a position of interest.
- Read the vacancy announcement very carefully and make sure you understand both the job requirements and the requirements for submitting the corresponding job application.
- Click on the "submit your application" link at the bottom of the vacancy announcement.
- Create a profile and fill in the application information accurately and completely.
- Before submitting the application, you can preview the information to make sure it looks and reads the way you want it to. You can also clear the form and start over.
- After submitting the form, you will receive an e-mail response from DC Water's Human Capital Management Department confirming receipt of your online application.